Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, June 16, 2008

Amphibians disappearing.

I love to hear the frogs singing outside my window at night and it would be a great loss if they were gone.There are so many interesting and useful amphibians even in our own area,it is a pity people aren't more informed about them.Just the other day when I was out in our yard planting some flowers,I over turned a piece of wood and surprised these two cute little fellows who appear to be salamanders and strongly resembled my fire belly newt except that they were orangey red all over.I hope that they and other amphibians will be around for future generations to discover.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I hope that they and other amphibians will be around for future generations to discover."

Don't bet on it.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/06/16/condemned-lakes.html

J@ckp1ne said...

That article is horrible,hopefully this can be stopped but somehow I am not to optimistic.